Your advantages of implementing ITSM (IT Service Management) with an Atlassian Service Desk solution
- You get an intuitive and clear portal for both sides (inquirers/service staff)
- You bring together different worlds of users/customers and ranges of experience on one platform
- Improve the performance of your service department with automated ticket allocation and ticket management
- Maintain agreed SLAs with your customers by automatically prioritizing tickets
- Provide self-help to your users and customers by setting up a self-service desk based on an extensive knowledge database and knowledge documentation via a link to Confluence
venITure as your full-service provider accompanies you from the initial idea to the successful implementation of these goals:
- Status analysis of your current status
- Registration of your team and work organization
- Analysis of your current workflow
- Identification of optimization potential
- Creation of a common road map for the introduction of an ITSM
- Functional requirements analysis
- Process design
- Assessment of requirements your instance of Jira Desk would need to fulfill your service processes
- Selection and specification of the Atlassian Tool Jira Service Desk, in combination with add-ons or their individualized creation.
- Implementation of your requirements on a test system
- Migration of data from previous system (if available)
- Connection to the existing user directory (e.g. SSO, AD) or interfaces to external systems
- Adaptation of standard Atlassian tools & implementation of the required add-ons
- Optional Mobile-App implementation
- Implementation of the test system into your active system
- Follow-up support after individual SLA agreement
Understand the difference between Help Desk, Service Desk and ITSM (IT Service Management)
Many companies use the terms “Help Desk” and “Service Desk” only for the IT support within the company. The main difference between a “Help Desk” and a “Service Desk” is in the areas of responsibility and the requirements made of them. The “Help Desk” is usually used for acute disruptions or problem solutions, while the “Service Desk” also provides additional services, such as the provision of IT infrastructure for employees. Sometimes there are differences not only in the historical task definition - in some cases, separate tools are also used to contact these service providers.
ITSM, on the other hand, is a further development towards customer, user and service excellence in one comprehensive service. Its focus is on securing and maintaining the IT service aspects of the business services that are important for customers .
Use ITSM and the Single Point of Contact for greater customer and employee satisfaction
The artificial differentiation of these areas by using different software tools, makes no sense in a modern and future-oriented company. It is not the name or the label as “Help desk” or “Service Desk” that is important, but the content and especially the successful processing of requests. As part of a comprehensive IT service management system, you should harmonize all common IT and general service processes and address them with a single point of contact or single point of entry that is customer and user friendly for all problem, service and service requests.
Faster inquiries using a unified service portal
Our Service Desk solution for a well-founded ITSM allows you not only to integrate your IT support into a service portal, but also to combine it with general office services or general service requests. We show you how to quickly and easily connect all internal service providers (HR,IT,Sales, etc.) to the service portal in order to generate the best possible output.
- Manage and bundle the 4 most important IT processes in one portal
- Service requests – inquiries from users for services or purchases
- Incident Management – Unexpected error messages or user problems, e.g. with IT devices or IT services, such as the availability of web services or servers
- Problem Management – Typical, repetitive, partially complex incidents that are not resolved with simple bug fixes or workarounds
- Change management on the IT system – coordination of scheduled updates / upgrades
The benefits and added value for your customers and employees are clearly visible. No time is wasted on waiting in the queue of a hotline or finding the right contact person’s e-mail address. Access via a homogenized service desk portal, which complies with ITSM standards, enables the request to be forwarded quickly and effectively to the correct and qualified employees from your service department via an intelligent ticketing system and forces a prompt solution to the problem. By linking to a Confluence knowledge database, you take the next step towards a self-service desk. This takes some of the strain off your support department and at the same time ensures the quick processing of inquiries.
Automated procurement and compliance with service level agreements
Ensure that your service team adheres to the times agreed upon with your customers within the framework of service level agreements. With automated ticket prioritization, you ensure that customers with higher service levels automatically gain a higher ranking in queue processing. In contrast to an e-mail based ticket system, there is no risk that a request will be lost or prioritized incorrectly. The shared processing location in a unified service portal allows your employees from different departments to work together in real time. The service ticket becomes a miniature project and the departments and teams involved can process the reported problem as part of a network, as quickly as possible, with individual workflows and work schedules, depending on the SLAs.
Transparent procedures, instead of uncertain waiting
An innovative IT service management system exploits the possibilities of transparency in service order processing. This starts with the creation of a simple, customer-friendly request form in the service portal. You can interact with your service customers by making the current status of the processing of their request automatically visible to all involved. Queries arising among your employees will be answered via the standardized portal. You avoid customer frustration, because even for more complex tasks with more than one member of staff or department responsible, the service customer is being served in one place.
Economical and effective: Implement your ITSM with Jira Service Desk now
Effectiveness, cost-efficiency and reliability. Our full-service consulting will show you how to fulfill these requirements for IT service management in your company. Contact us and we will show you how to implement your IT processes and support services with Jira Service Desk in a consistent and simple way so as to meet these requirements. Together, we define which service and support services are processed via which workflow within the Service Desk Portal and how you can combine a functioning knowledge management system from Confluence with Service Desk to provide your customers and employees with a self-service desk.
Get certified and demonstrate the quality of your ITSM
ISO/IEC 20000 clearly defines the certification requirements for the introduction and operation of an IT service management system. We help you to implement the software and to introduce or implement a service portal so that you can meet your documentation obligations and process requirements for certification. In contrast to ITIL certification for individuals, ISO/IEC 20000 certification demonstrates the IT service quality of your entire company.